Sunday, June 17, 2012

Young Rocker With Dad – Single Image Sundays


20120617-191923.jpg
My dad took me to my first concert, Johnny Cash at the ’82 World’s Fair, when I was a boy. We sat way up high near the top of a stadium in Knoxville, Tennessee, and I still remember the shine from Cash’s sequined jacket (black, of course).
This photo is one I took this week in that tradition: a dad hoists up his boy to watch Weezer recently in Las Vegas – note the youngster getting in on the fun by giving the “W” hand gesture. It was a great show, and especially cool to see a parent educating his kid in the ways of rocking. Nice Father’s Day image, right there.

Bonus Video: Weezer Covers Poison!

Above: the guys pull off a note-perfect version of Poison’s Talk Dirty To Me.
Sorry for the crappy quality, but it’s still fairly awesome if you ask me.
And I was there. ;)
What was your first concert? Did a parent take you? Have you taken one of your brood to a rock show? Let us hear from you in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Seen Poison in concert last night in B'ham, AL. It was great. We took my step-son who is 11 and he had the best time ever.Got tickets .. If anyone is thinking of going, I would say do it. It is money well spent .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting. It's important to educate the next generation in the ways of rocking, for sure.

      Delete