Monday, July 23, 2012

National Moth Week


20120722-220552.jpg
Since I’ve discovered iphoneography, I’ve also been discovering more beauty in our everyday surroundings. And after purchasing a Photojojo macro lens for my iPhone, I’ve also developed a fascination with and appreciation for moths. I never took much notice of moths until getting a close up view for some macro insect photography, inspired by what I’d been seeing at Instagram. I had no idea moths were so butterfly-like, hairy to the point of fuzziness, and often with large, deep eyes. I used Hipstamatic to get this photo of one on my front door. If you’re interested, definitely check out NationalMothWeek.org for more info.
What do you think? Ever discovered an interest in something after getting a closer look? Have you ever seen a particularly interesting moth? What are your favorite insects? Let us hear from you in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment