Sunday, May 31, 2015

RAW: Natural Born Artists – Supporters of Surrealism

I recently took part in a group artist showcase produced by the RAW: Natural Born Artists group. A rep from the organization noticed my Etsy shop, called me up, and invited me to join. I’m proud to say I am a RAW Artist, now having exhibited my handcrafted surrealism art in person. I sold several pieces to enthusiastic buyers, networked with my fellow creative tribe members, and was compelled to step up my game to make a solid impression. It’s so satisfying to take a chance with something you’re passionate about and have it work out well. Here are some photos of my setup and me hamming for the camera from the event.

RSMITHINGS - Handcrafted Surrealism by Richard Smith - setup

RSMITHINGS - Handcrafted Surrealism by Richard Smith - RAW Artists

RSMITHINGS - Handcrafted Surrealism by Richard Smith - the artist

And here’s a quick video of the construction of my booth sign – also handcrafted, of course:

What do you think? Have you ever been a part of a group project involving a creative passion? Do you go to craft fairs, buy things from Etsy or collect local art? Let us hear from you in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment