Thursday, May 31, 2012

Cop Shoot Cop – Any Day Now



They don’t make lyrics like this anymore

One of these days, I’ll sell my soul—
And let ‘em find out what they bought…
I hate to be one of those “back in my day…” geezers, but when it comes to this band, I make no apologies. Cop Shoot Cop were an anomaly for any time, regardless of their existence for a brief part of the ’90s. These days, I enjoy plenty of modern music, but for my money, Cop Shoot Cop’s Release is one of the finest rock compositions ever laid to tape. It is truly one of those records I’d bring to the deserted island, along with a solar-powered playback device. And maybe a boat.

Any Day Now from Release

One of these days Mr. Opportunity gonna be knocking on my door
One of these days I’ll read the writing on the wall
One of these days I’ll be a spectator in an audience of whores
One of these days I’m gonna run until I fall
One of these days I’ll win the lottery and wake up a millionaire
One of these days I’m gonna get myself a job
One of these days They’re gonna stop the world and I won’t even care
One of these days I’m gonna finally believe in God
One of these days I’m gonna grow up to become the President
One of these days I’ll find the woman of my dreams
One of these days I’m gonna find these truths to be self-evident
One of these days I’ll blow my brains out on T.V.
One of these days
One of these days
One of these days I’m gonna get in shape, become an astronaut
One of these days My fears are gonna fall down the stairs
One of these days I’ll sell my soul and let them find out what they bought
One of these days I’m gonna shave off all my hair
One of these days I’m gonna learn to play and write myself a song
One of these days I’ll take my conscience out to lunch
One of these days I’m gonna buy the plans and build the atom bomb
One of these days I’ll have the guts to play my hunch
One of these days, one of these days…
Any day now, any day now…
Please note recommended playback volume.
What do you think? Have you ever heard of Cop Shoot Cop? OrFirewater? What’s another band from 1994 (or 2004) you’re still into? Let us hear from you in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment